From: Vikas Sodhani [mailto:vsodhani@mit.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 1999 9:49 AM
To: www-smil@w3.org
Subject: mime type

Hi, I am working on a project that dynamically creates a smil file based
on a users selections of videos.  I would like to be able to send the
smil file staright to the users browser by either specifying the mime
type or using an embed tag.  I tried specifying the mime type but that
does not seem to work.  I was wondering if there is some way to do it
using embed tags.  Right now I have to save the smil file in my real
server content directory and then redirect the html page to the smil
file.  I would like to just send it to the browser so that the files are
not saved on my machine.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vikas Sodhani
vsodhani@mit.edu