Re: homepage

Hi Roger,
to provide web page playback, RealPlayer G2 includes a plug-in for
browsers that support the Netscape plug-in architecture. I have tested
this with Nestcape 4.5.
You just have to put the following code in your homepage source to see
your presentation and a control bar below it:

<EMBED WIDTH=660 HEIGHT=320 SRC="..." CONTROLS=ImageWindow
CONSOLE=_master>
<EMBED WIDTH=400 HEIGTH=100 SRC="..." CONTROLS=All      CONSOLE=_master>

To stream clips from a webserver, you have to write a RAM file (*.rpm)
and place it on the webserver. The RAM file will launch RealPlayer
plug-in when the presentation plays back. Then, you link your homepage
to the RAM file through the SRC value like this:
SRC="http://yourRAMfile.rpm"
The RAM file may consist of just one line where you enter the full URL
of the smil file:
http://www.company.com/media/sample1.smi

If you want to see an example, look at   <
http://www.nce.ufrj.br/~educc/smil/teste.html >
Sorry this page is still in Portuguese...

If you intend to stream clips from a RealServer G2 you have some other
better options as the rstp protocol.....

Regards from Rio,
Eduardo.