Re: HELIO: Java-based SMIL Player

Philipp Hoschka wrote:
> Congrats !

Thanks !

> will it support any streamed formats ?

Not at the moment

> as far as I understand, you get that "for free"
> when using one of the available implementations
> of the java media framework - do you use this ?

Our aim is to develop the player with basic
java components in order to make it light (less
than 100Ko ) and visible on any browser
(I mean NS 4.04+ , IE 4+ and hotjava). We
will probably use other technologies from
SUN as soon as the JDK 1.2 will be supported
by browsers (or as soon as the java plug-in 1.2 will
available).

This will allow us to support lots of new formats.

Concerning the JMF (Java Media Framework), we
have to study this opportunity too. We will make
tests soon but parts of JMF won't be included in
our first release.

> (just curious)

I am curious too ;-)

Herve Foucher