Re: SMIL clips

On 30/07/1998, "Geoff Freed" <Geoff_Freed@wgbh.org>  wrote:

>I can't make them available via streaming just yet, but
>you can download them and view them offline.

actually, i think it's sufficient to put the SMIL file
and all media files onto an http server - you don't
absolutely *need* a streaming server to get started,
although it'll definetely work better.

for example

http://home.sprintmail.com/~skinnerd/introtour.ram

works without any streaming server, as far as i can tell,
and still looks pretty good

>Then log on to ftp.wgbh.org, switch to /incoming/ncam, download
>CAR1.ZIP and ELEV1.ZIP and do the following:

actually, you can also use
ftp://ftp.wgbh.org/incoming/ncam/CAR1.ZIP
ftp://ftp.wgbh.org/incoming/ncam/ELEV1.ZIP