RE: Form Post From Mozilla

Yes, thanks.  It would be nice if that check box could be
eliminated.  I rarely use the advance options and forget
that they are there.

> I don't quite follow your
> point about rdf:Description, since it isn't a class, just a
> purely syntactic construct at the XML level.

What I was trying to say was that I should be able to replace
rdf:Description with something else when I remove the rdf:RDF,
just like I can when the rdf:RDF is specified.  For example:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rdf:RDF

  <foo rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/" xmlns="urn:foo">
    <dc:title>World Wide Web Consortium</dc:title>
  </foo>
</rdf:RDF>

vs.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<foo rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/"
  xmlns="urn:foo"

  <dc:title>World Wide Web Consortium</dc:title>
</foo>

Both validate and it looks like both produce the same graph.
Oddly, the first one works the same way in the validator
regardless of whether the "RDF is NOT enclosed in <RDF>...</RDF>
tags" checkbox is checked in the Advanced Featrues.

So this implies to me that the validator looks to see if the
document tag is rdf:RDF then process it as enclosed in RDF
tags, otherwise process it as enclosed in RDF tags when the
checkbox is *not* checked, otherwise process it as *not*
having RDF tags.

I have to agree, the checkbox is unnecessary if you are
already looking at the document tag to determine whether
it's enclosed in RDF tags.

Thanks for the help, Andy.