Re: Form posted from Microsoft Internet Explorer (RDF Validator)

This was a true error, but the warning messages were not clear as some
special characters in them were not escaped properly and caused
browsers to display the warnings incorrectly.

"Class" is in the RDFS namespace, not in the RDF namespace. That's why
you were getting these warnings. So you should use rdfs:Class instead of
rdf:Class.

I've fixed the special char escaping bug in the validator. So, now, if
you try to validate your "bad" file, you'll get more readable warnings,
as follows:

      Warning Messages

Warning: {W113} Creating statement(s) for unknown RDF element:
'<rdf:Class'.[Line = 23, Column = 29]
Warning: {W113} Creating statement(s) for unknown RDF element:
'<rdf:Class'.[Line = 27, Column = 37]
Warning: {W113} Creating statement(s) for unknown RDF element:
'<rdf:Class'.[Line = 36, Column = 29]
etc....

Thanks for the report,
Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Pietriga (emmanuel@w3.org) |  MIT - Laboratory for Computer Science
World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)     |  Room NE43-344