Re: Problem in RDF validator?

on 6/28/02 9:56 AM, Art.Barstow@nokia.com at Art.Barstow@nokia.com wrote:

> Regarding your note to the RDF Validator mail list:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-validator/2002Jun/0022.html

> There are two questions - why is the object of triple #1 "online:type" instead
> of: "type". And why is the subject of triple #3: "online:" instead of an empty
> string.

The question I was really asking is not why the "online" appears in the
model for prop2. My question is really why prop1 and prop2 are different,
regardless of which is right/better.

The examples are shown below. Since prop1 is simply the typedNode form of
prop2, I would expect them to have the same model. Since they don't, I'm
left wondering:

1. Is the validator is wrong for one or the other?
2. Am I wrong in expecting the typeNode form to be truly equivalent to the
explicit form?

It seems like your answer about URI expansion might be saying that I am
wrong in expecting equivalence in this edge case where the type is not in a
namespace?

<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
<rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:ns="ns:test/">

   <ns:prop1>
       <type ns:attr="value"/>
   </ns:prop1>

   <ns:prop2 rdf:parseType="Resource">