Re: Cyc Subject Predicate Object

Vaughan
I read your report on Cyc, and would like to offer you
a little insight into the relation between mKE/mKR and Cyc/CycL.

1. Theoretically, both systems have the same "power",
but Cyc/CycL is way ahead in terms of current knowledge content.
For example, Cyc 1.0 has about 7000 contexts (Microtheories), and
I have never worked with more than a half dozen.
mKE does have a lot of built-in consistency checks;
it has found many problems in the Cyc Upper Ontology.
Further, I propose replacing the current plethora of Type classes
with a few "horizontal" relations (details to be determined).

Although mKE/mKR has the "power", I have made no attempt
to reproduce human common-sense reasoning.  I call mKR
a "Real Intelligence" language.  mKR is designed to augment human
intelligence (to help a person "work smarter"), not to equal human
intelligence  artificially.

I have designed mKR to be able to record any human knowledge.
mKR includes all NSM (Natural Semantic Metalanguage) concepts --
universal concepts found in all human natural languages.

2. Given that Cyc/NL does not yet exist, I'd say that
mKE/mKR has a better user interface.
mKR is a "programming language", but its
English-like syntax & semantics are more user-friendly
than the LISP-like syntax & semantics of CycL.

I have informally proposed to Cycorp that:
a. Cyc/mKR be used as a temporary substitute for Cyc/NL;
b. mKR be used as an import/export language for Cyc;
c. mKE/mKR be used as command-line interface to Cyc.
(I already have a working version, but it's not very robust).

No official response from Cycorp as yet.

3. Cyc does have a very nice internet browser interface.
mKE has no internet browser interface .
(But it can execute a browser so a human user
can look at another knowledge base).

Dick McCullough
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/