Re: Concrete and abstract domains disjointness

Dimitrios A. Koutsomitropoulos wrote:

> However, because of the consequent seperation of object and datatype
> properties, one still looses the (simple) ability to connect uniquely
> individuals and datatypes. For example,given an ID number, one can never
> retrieve the person to whom it corresponds to (using OWL DL of course, but I
> doubt if this is possible even in Full). Whould this be so hard for a DL
> reasoner to implement?

It's possible in OWL Full using an InverseFunctional Datatype Property.
I share your skepticism that this is not too hard for DL ... Ian
Horrocks has argued on a number of occassions that it is, but stubbornly
I remain unconvinced that this feature is truely harder than others that
are already in OWL DL. But I can't point to working DL style reasoners ...

Jeremy