From: www-rdf-logic-request@w3.org [mailto:www-rdf-logic-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Stephen Rhoads
Sent: 07 May 2004 07:15
To: www-rdf-logic@w3.org
Subject: Re: Inferring Class Membership w/o OWL Full?

I realize that everyone is probably beat from that "Classes as Values"
discussion in the SWBP, but ... no thoughts on this?

Would it be unthinkable to create a subPropertyOf rdf:type?  Something
like ...

<owl:ObjectProperty rdf:ID="hasGenre">
    <rdfs:subPropertyOf rdf:resource="&rdf;type"/>
</owl:ObjectProperty>

<ex:Song rdf:ID="PurpleHaze">
    <ex:hasGenre rdf:resource="&ex;ClassRockMusic"/>
</ex:Song>

Thus, the Individual "PurpleHaze" is an instance of both Song and
ClassicRockMusic.

Note that the intent is state class membership, not to say that the
"subject" of the Song is a concept denoted by a Class (as in the
"Classes as Values" paper).

--- Stephen