RE: "Transitive over" properties

You can't represent "Transitive over" in OWL or RDF - it requires
property inclusion (subProperty) axioms w.r.t. complex roles, in
particular role compositions. In general, this leads to
undecidability, but in a restricted form provides most of what is
required and is still decidable. You will find the details in [1] (a
paper published at IJCAI-03).

Sorry for late response to thread and for self publicising :-)

Ian

[1] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~horrocks/Publications/download/2003/HoSa03a.pdf