Re: "Transitive over" properties

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> (still brainstorming on RDF logic, not formally responding to Mikail's
> comment)
>
> from which I can get as far as
>
> :mk rdf:type :rAndD
>
> but I need a 'property restriction' to say that an rdf:type
> relationship between a :Worker and a :WorkArea is a :worksFor
> relationship.
>
> But I guess using the built-in transitive over relationship between
> rdf:type and rdfs:subClassOf is sort of cheating ...
>
> I wonder whether some of the work of rules could be addressed
> differently by making OWL Full even bigger ... rules is probably a
> better idea.

I agree! The only objection is that transitiveOver properties already
are on OWL - subclassing, you have mentioned.

Can anyonw provide me with a link to start with rules?  Seems like
people here are very familiar with them, but I had not found any nest of
them yet ;-)

Mikhail Khlopotov
South Ural State Univercity, Russia