From: Li Qin [mailto:bethqin@hotmail.com]
Sent: 2003年9月19日 11:32
To: zhubin@cai.pku.edu.cn
Cc: www-rdf-logic-request@w3.org
Subject: RE: some basic questions, thanks

Thanks. Just more discussions:
1. Intersection, as a set operation to get the common part of two sets,
does not introduce any hierarchy at all. Here, if A is the intersection
of B and C means that A is the subclass of B and C, this intersection
introduces hierarchy.
2. "If A is the subclass of union of B and C" does not mean that A is
the union of B and C. My question concerns the case that A is the union
of B and C.
If A is the union of B and C, the instances of B and C are instances of
A.
If A is the superclass of B and C, the instances of B and C are
instances of A.
What is the difference?
3. If A is the complement to B, A is the difference between an unkown
class and B. Does this unkown class the union of A and B or the
superclass of A and B?
4. When do you use a class instead of its subclasses for their
instances, if they all have their own instances?
5. If A is the union of B and C. What is the relationship between the
instances of A, B and C?
Thanks.

>From: "Zhu Bin"
>To: "'Li Qin'"
>Subject: RE: some basic questions, thanks
>Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:51:34 +0800
>
>My opinion, maybe it’s wrong:
>
>1. I think it does and when I express A is the subclass of both B and
C,