Re: Question on semantics of reified statements

On Tue, 2003-09-09 at 21:03, Jonathan Borden wrote:
> Bob MacGregor wrote:
>

> > st1 rdf:type rdf:Statement.
> > st1 rdf:subject s1.
> > st1 rdf:predicate location.
> > st1 rdf:object antwerp.
> > st1 beginDate "March 2003".
> > st1 endDate "March 2003".
> > st1 author john.
> >
> > st2 rdf:type rdf:Statement.
> > st2 rdf:subject s1.
> > st2 rdf:predicate location.
> > st2 rdf:object antwerp.
> > st2 beginDate "April 2003".
> > st2 endDate "April 2003".
> > st2 author sue.
> >
> > My intent is that 'st1' and 'st2' are both reifications of the
> > same statement   [s1 location antwerp].  My question is, are
> > st1 and st2 the same resource, or are they two distinct
> > resources?
> >
> st1 and st2 are distinct

Perhaps you mean "st1 and st2 are not specified to be
equal" because they're not specified to be distinct either...

"the reification vocabulary has no effective semantic constraints on it"
 -- http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-rdf-mt-20030905/#Reif

For more background, see...
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfms-identity-of-statements

including a clarifying test case that's pretty much the same
as Bob's question.

[...]