RE: Literals (Re: model theory for RDF/S)

Fair enough. As long as that equivalence is a matter of interpretation
and not lost in the actual realization of the graph, then I can sleep
easy at night ;-)

> I think there's still an open question about the nature of
> this value.  On
> the web, one can retrieve several different values using the
> same URI (e.g.
> via content negotiation).  How is this captured?
>
> One thought I have is to map a graph node to a thing called a
> "resource",
> and have an extension set associated with each resource that
> corresponds to
> the "entities" that can be retrieved using the URI, or are otherwise
> associated with the resource.  Under this approach, equivalence of
> resources means that they have the same extension sets.  This
> is similar to
> the treatment of RDF classes, and I think it sits more easily
> with RFC 2396
> description of a resource as a "conceptual mapping" separate from
> particular associated entities.

This sounds intuitively right to me, though I am often a
bit lost in the details of the MT semantics and so have little
idea how that would be defined in a formal fashion.

Still, it seems "correct" insofar as I've understood your
natural language description...

Regards,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453