Re: [semanticweb] Proof and trust

At 12:38 AM +0000 11/20/01, Graham Klyne wrote:
>At 05:21 PM 11/19/01 +0000, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>>  > trust and proof
>>
>>Well, there clearly isn't a lot of work going on with respect to trust
>>and proof on the Semantic Web at the moment.
>
>There's some stuff happening on the fringes of SW activity;  a couple of URlS:
>
>http://www.nr.no/coras/
>http://www.bitd.clrc.ac.uk/ACTIVITY/CORAS
>
>There's also some related activity in Kings College and Imperial
>College, London University, but I don't have any specific references
>to hand.
>
>#g
>--
>

>------------
>Graham Klyne
>GK@NineByNine.org

I've also been trying to fool around a little with distributed
proofs, [1] is a message I sent to the SWAD list (Sem Web Advanced
Devel) - not much moving with it yet, but I wanted to prove one could
do this without more language complexity than DAML+OIL offers, plus
some sort of way of writing rules (like cwm).
  -JH

[1]  Distributed Proofs Jim Hendler (Thu, Nov 08 2001)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-semweb-ad/2001Nov/0001.html
AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler