Re: The meaning of a document

On Saturday, November 17, 2001, at 11:14  AM, Seth Russell wrote:

> Tim Berners-Lee said in [1]:
>
>    "1) The meaning of a document is the conjunction
>         of the meanings of its statements."

I was copying what Tim said from IRC and in doing so, I worry
that I put things rather imprecisely.

Tim expressed this himself in [2] as:

"1.  The meaning of an RDF document is the sum
  (in english, strictly conjunction) of the independent meanings
  of the statements of which the RDF document is comprised."

BTW, I believe it's widely agreed that the Model Theory spec
defines the "meaning" of a document this way.

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-
comments/2001OctDec/0324.html