Re: Reification quoting in RDF/N3 was: A note comparing Conceptual Graphs and RDF/Semantic Web

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

> However, in the RDF syntax there is a known problem there.  You can't quote
> something without asserting it. (There is hack Dan Connolly invented of
> <rdf:description aboutEachPrefix=" " bagID="subexpression1"> because
> aboutEachPrefix means it is asserted about anything with a URI which starts
> with a space which is no URIs.)
> This is a known bug and one which I hoped will be fixed in a later release
> of the spec. But I can't find it now I look for it in
> http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/.
>
> tim

Tim,

 Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but the M&S does allow for
a reification without asserting the statement being reified.

e.g.,
<rdf:Statement id="foo">
    <rdf:subject resource="KingOfFrance"/>
    <rdf:predicate resource="livesIn"/>
    <rdf:object  resource="Paris"/>
</rdf:Statement>

This gives us the reification of (livesIn KingOfFrance Paris) without actually
asserting it.

guha