Re: Bugs in 2000/12 daml+oil reference on DAML collections

"Dickinson, Ian J" wrote:

> Ian Horrocks [mailto:horrocks@cs.man.ac.uk] wrote:
> > Another more radical solution that has just occurred to me is
> > to simply scrap Disjoint. It is completely redundant because
> > we can just say:
> >
> > <rdfs:Class>
> >   <daml:disjointUnionOf rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
> >     <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Car"/>
> >     <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Person"/>
> >     <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Plant"/>
> >   </daml:disjointUnionOf>
> > </rdfs:Class>
>
> This seems to me like a good suggestion, if Disjoint is the only instance
> that we otherwise wish to add a daml:collection attribute to.  It would make
> it much easier to formulate syntactic restrictions for a well-formed DAML
> document.

Yes, Disjoint seems like much more trouble than it's worth; it doesn't
add expressive capability, after all.

> Btw, is there any activity underway to formulate a DTD or XML schema for
> DAML?

Not so much underway as latent, but please see:

  RDF Syntax: An XML Schema Approach
     in progress Aug 2000
  http://www.w3.org/2000/07/DAML-0-5-syntax

Feel free to fill in the details the way you did with your XSLT
implementation of daml:collection ;-)