Re: Bugs in 2000/12 daml+oil reference on DAML collections

On January 12, Peter F. Patel-Schneider writes:
> From: "Dickinson, Ian J" <Ian_J_Dickinson@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
> Subject: Bugs in 2000/12 daml+oil reference on DAML collections
> Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:54:20 -0000
>

> > Folks -
> >
> > The second problem is that it would be nice if we could apply a simple
> > syntactic transformation to remove the parseType daml:collection's before
> > parsing with a standard RDF parser (as suggested in the reference document).
> > This is made more difficult because parseType daml:collection is applied to
> > both properties and instances in slightly different ways.
> >
> > For example, the e.g. in the reference document uses the oneOf property. The
> > example translates:
> >
> > <oneOf rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
> >   <Thing rdf:resource="#red"/>
> >   <Thing rdf:resource="#white"/>
> >   <Thing rdf:resource="#blue"/>
> > </oneOf>
> >

> I think that this should read
>
> <oneOf>
>  <List rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
>   <Thing rdf:resource="#red"/>
>   <Thing rdf:resource="#white"/>
>   <Thing rdf:resource="#blue"/>
>  </List
> </oneOf>
>
> which might make the translations easier
>
> peter

If we do this for oneOf then we also have to do it for unionOf,
intersectionOf etc.

Another more radical solution that has just occurred to me is to simply
scrap Disjoint. It is completely redundant because we can just say:

<rdfs:Class>
  <daml:disjointUnionOf rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
    <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Car"/>
    <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Person"/>
    <rdfs:Class rdf:about="#Plant"/>
  </daml:disjointUnionOf>