Re: Difference between syntactic building blocks and formal languages ...

Seth--

If we consider RDF triples to have no formal semantics:

a.  I don't understand how we can say any triples have property arcs
(or, for that matter, what a "property" is for them to have).

b.  I don't understand how we could then use RDF for even simple
metadata (like "the creator of <foobar> is John");  it seems to me under
your scheme we'd have to use some language built on top of RDF to do
even that (which people might do anyway, but that's another issue).

--Frank