Re: Logic and proof tutorial resources

On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 14:12, Smith, Ned wrote:
> I'd like to find good concise tutorial material for
> logic & proof disciplines.

I learned a lot about the mechanics of proofs by studying
larch; esp. the Larch FAQ by Leavens.

I collected my larch sources a while back in preparation
for presenting some of my larch work to some colleagues:

------
http://www.w3.org/XML/9711theory/#about-larch
About Larch and LSL

learning LSL:
Report on the Larch Shared Language: Version 2.3
 John V. Guttag, Jim Horning, and Andrés Modet. (April, 1990).

studying larch and related technologies

Larch FAQ by Gary T. Leavens
 especially section 2 The Larch Shared Language (LSL)
comp.specification.larch
 thanks to Phil Baraona and Gary T. Leavens:
Finally! I finished my first proof in LP! my post of 03 Mar 1998,
dejacopy

reference materials for using Larch tools

Larch Shared Language Handbook
LP: Command summary

larch origins
Larch home page
----

I think the full text of the larch book is available online too...
yes:
http://www.sds.lcs.mit.edu/Larch/pub/larchBook.ps

If you're more interested in sort of motivation for
doing logic/proof on a large scale, see

The QED Manifesto
http://www.rbjones.com/rbjpub/logic/qedres00.htm