Re: convert rdf or owl into yaml

> On Nov 29, 2022, at 3:40 PM, Cox, Simon (L&W, Clayton) <Simon.Cox@csiro.au> wrote:
>
> Does tying YAML-LD to the JSON-LD model mean that it inherits limitations from JSON concerning the scope of the graph structures that can be represented?
> Is this more limited than RDF?

JSON-LD can fully express RDF, including some aspects of Generalized RDF not available in other serializations (blank node predicates). YAML-LD can do the same thing. YAML-LD allows for some additional native datatypes for expressing information such as dates and times without explicit use of value objects (when run in the extended mode).

Both provide for a means of directly relating a named graph with a referencing statement, which has no strict semantics in RDF, but is commonly used in Verifiable Credentials. Namely, a value can be an object which is interpreted as a named graph, where the value of the refernecing triple is a blank node which is also the name of the named graph.

Otherwise, I’m not aware of any limitations JSON-LD (or YAML-LD) in expressing RDF that other formats are able to.

> Is there a more general ‘YAML-RDF’, of which YAML-LD is a profile?

As I said, both are full RDF serialization formats, so no more general representation is necessary.

Gregg