Re: query RDF dataset

Jitao,

I have not totally checked your query. My impression is, however, that you
have made the query unnecessarily complex in its logic. You have claimed too
many free variables for a fairly simple request. Therefore, the entire logic
just becomes nearly untraceable. In analogy, what you have done is to have
used a dozen of "no"s in a sentence; to the end, nearly nobody really knows
whether you mean "no" or "yes".

In particular, please also be aware that in RDF and SPARQL, there is no
difference between when you say "?author dc:country ?country . " or ?bookURI
dc:author ?author2 ." There are too many ambiguities in your query.

Just rewrite your query in the following way.

return: all the books which have no authors UNION all the books which have
authors while every author must have its country be Italy

good luck,

yihong

--
Yihong Ding