Re: What if an URI also is a URL

Oskar Welzl wrote:
> [....]
> I'm not willing to accept this, so I'll have to stick with my original
> intention of creating a URI other than http://www.flickr.com for flickr,
> the service. Or, more practical at the moment, use
> http://oskar.twoday.net/ID/names#thisblog or some similar construct for
> my weblog, maybe even provide some machine-readable info about the
> website there. (BTW: is there a somewhat popular ontology to describe
> websites? like: domain, index page, contact, sitemap,...)
>
> Pity, though, that there hardly seems to be an agreement on how to
> handle this issue, so simply by choosing the above URI myself I will not
> prevent *others* making statements like
> <#thismail> mail:sender <http://oskar.twoday.net>
> when they refer to an update-notification they received from the weblog.

Reading this I think I misunderstood what you mean with "blog" I was
referring to a blog as a changing collection of articles not as
something that sends email. If we agree that an information resource
can't be the mail:sender of a mail then the statement

<#thismail> mail:sender <http://oskar.twoday.net>

is necessarily wrong, as a GET request to http://oskar.twoday.net is
responded with a 2XX response and with this response the resource in
unambiguously an information[1]. resource.

reto

1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2005Jun/0039.html

--
Reto Bachmann-Gmür
Talis Information Limited

Book your free place now at Talis Insight 2007 www.talis.com/insight
Find out more about Talis at www.talis.com
Shared InovationTM

Any views or personal opinions expressed within this email may not be those of Talis Information Ltd.