Re: What if an URI also is a URL

Oskar Welzl wrote:
> I'm not willing to accept this, so I'll have to stick with my original
> intention of creating a URI other than http://www.flickr.com for flickr,
> the service. Or, more practical at the moment, use
> http://oskar.twoday.net/ID/names#thisblog or some similar construct for
> my weblog, maybe even provide some machine-readable info about the
> website there. (BTW: is there a somewhat popular ontology to describe
> websites? like: domain, index page, contact, sitemap,...)

I don't know.
> Pity, though, that there hardly seems to be an agreement on how to
> handle this issue, so simply by choosing the above URI myself I will not
> prevent *others* making statements like
> <#thismail> mail:sender <http://oskar.twoday.net>
> when they refer to an update-notification they received from the weblog.

Personally, I don't think it is a pity.  Rather I think it is good in
that way.  WebArch should not enforce what people can or cannot say.
But as person, we can choose what we agree and what we don't.  In the
web, we agree by sharing, by importing your statements.  So, what is
true (or in the sense of popular belief) are shared by a large
community.  What is not true (or not popular) is left to "die" or
continue live in isolate. What we need to educate ourselves and others
are how to best convey our meaning clearly so that we won't be left alone.

Xiaoshu