RE: RDF and RDFS Schemas?

Thanks, Sandro, Shawn, Dan for your responses.

Okay - I think I understand why there is no schema for RDF.  Would it be reasonable to say that RDF is more-or-less a syntax/grammar of a "instance" document?  Which is why there is a need for RDFS?

If this is a case, I'd still like to find an XML Schema (not a Relax NG schema) for RDFS so I can create an RDFS schema to govern an RDF instance document (no one mentioned this in their responses).  Does anyone have any idea where I could find one?  My goal is to create an RDFS Schema to govern the hand-creation of RDF instance files (in an RDF editor or a plain old XML Editor that I can load the RDFS schema into) that I would like to use as test cases.

(What I find so challenging about this discussion what I percieve to be as a casual attitude with respect to the boundary between "schema" and "instance".  I find that if I don't respect this boundary I find the discussions quite confusing.)

Thanks - Bill