RE: RDF version of IETF RFC metadata (and relationship to FOAF fi les? )

On 10.01.2005 13:54:06, DuCharme, Bob (LNG-CHO) wrote:
>Thanks, that's  a big help. Your last example gave me the idea for this in
>the out-of-line file, which (I believe) says "there is a subject that has
>this name, and this name, and this FOAF file, and made these resources."
>
>  <foaf:Person>
>    <!-- Name as shown in RFC -->
>    <foaf:name>N. Walsh</foaf:name>
>    <!-- Name as shown in Norm's FOAF file -->
>    <foaf:name>Norman Walsh</foaf:name>
>
><foaf:mbox_sha1sum>9f5c771a25733700b2f96af4f8e6f35c9b0ad327</foaf:mbox_sha1s
>um>
>    <foaf:page rdf:resource="http://norman.walsh.name/foaf"/>
>    <foaf:made rdf:resource="http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3120.txt"/>
>    <foaf:made rdf:resource="http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3121.txt"/>
>    <foaf:made rdf:resource="http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3151.txt"/>
>  </foaf:Person>
>
>How does that look?
looks really good to me. It's compact but should provide enough
information to be able to connect the different pieces from the rfc,
out-of-line, and foaf descriptions.

To ease the implementation of apps based on your data, you could
perhaps also consider to
- provide an rdfs:seeAlso to the rfc rdf (main) file from each
  out-of-line file. (just in case a crawler comes across one
  of the out-of-line files, but not the main file). alternatively,
  you could provide a scutterplan[1] of all the out-of-line files
  including an rdfs:seeAlso link to the main file.
- provide an rdf:type="&foaf;Document" for the rfc descriptions
  (or use a typed node instead of rdf:Description). this would be
  a very helpful hint for developers of resource browsers. (that's
  just an idea, the type could also be inferred by looking at the
  format=TXT info, but I guess an explicit type would still be
  handy).

looking forward to using the data :)
benjamin

[1] http://rdfweb.org/topic/ScutterPlan