Re: Exchange of Named RDF Graphs

Hi,

On Wednesday 05 January 2005 08:44, Eric Jain wrote:
> Been there done that :-) Didn't quite work for me, as I have more named
> graphs in a data set (up to several million) than existing zip
> implementations can handle...
Good point, I hadn't considered that there might be a limitation there. From a
quick google it seems the limit is around 65536 for the default format. Of
course, one could always extend this by packing zip files in the zip files
(the file size limit seems to be in the terabyte order, not something you'd
ship over the Web anyway)...

> Regarding the manifest, is there really a
> need for a seperate file, or could this information be stored in each
> file with rdf:about=""?
It's possible, for one use case: When the name is a URI, and that URI is
identical to the URI of the source document, but even then there might still
be problems (think signatures and provenance).

Regards,
Morten