Re: rdf statement semantics and coding recommendation

On 05.02.2005 18:32:08, John M Lauck wrote:

>I'm curious about the semantics of RDF in the following example taken
>from rdfx.org (in comparison to the W3C RDF Primer documentation):
I assume you mean the examples' *syntax*, not their semantics?
Both examples are valid (different syntactic variations, but same
semantics from a quick glance). There is an example in the RDF
Primer (section 6.something), but for more details about RDF/XML's
syntactic alternatives I'd suggest having a look at the syntax
spec[1] which covers abbreviations etc.

One reason why literal properties are sometimes written as attributes
is the advantage of not being rendered when viewed in an html browser.
This can be utilized to inclue/hide/embed RDF/XML in html docs to a
certain extent.

cheers,
benjamin

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/