Re: missing bit of RDF for XML people

I (obviously) don't disagree with your general objective, but it seemed
to me the original question had to do with capturing the XML that was
there in as direct a manner as possible;  as Karl said, "without
thinking about writing good RDF".  Danny's reference to the infoset was
also relevant to this point.  I also don't think something like this is
necessarily "five steps backwards", nor is it "completely useless".
Clearly, further processing is needed to get "good" RDF, but you're no
worse off with it than you were before are you?  And you can do your
further processing entirely on RDF, considering the stuff below as an
intermediate representation.  Whether doing it that way is preferable to
doing more direct transformations on the XML is, of course, another
issue.  It depends to some extent on what kinds of descriptions of the
appropriate transformatons you have available.

--Frank