Re: Named Graphs (was RE: Reification - whats best practice?

Hi All,

I've re-read the Named Graphs paper, had a bit of a think, and I'm
having difficulty in deciding how best to manage graphs in an rdf store.

In RDF, a URI identifies a resource. In a consistent view, if 2
resources have the same URI, they are the same resource.

In Named Graphs, the URI doesn't identify the Named Graph AFAICS. The
named graph is the set {URI, g} (where g is the graph of triples), and
in a consistent view it is legal to have 2 different named graphs with
the same URI (correct?).

This means I can't use RDF to reason about named graphs (at least not
without some sort of transformation), since I can't use the URI to
identify them.

Is this correct?

Cheers,

Phil