Re: Generated RDF conformant with good practise?

Matt Halstead wrote:

>> You can give an anonymous node an rdf:type without having to give it
>> an identifying uri.  So you can actually have both ways in this case.
>

> Yes, that is what I was intending, not sure what I thought URI had to do
> with it.  But I guess there is no real usefulness in typing it unless
> some other property definition wants to refer to that kind of thing
> explicitly.

Well, it could be useful.  Consider the following - "The car was a black
Mercedes sedan".  The subject is anonymous - it has not been identified.
  Yet it is useful to say that it is a car, in fact, a Mercedes car.  Of
course, this depends on how you expect to use the information.  Still,
if you have the data, might as well include it, just in case it would be
useful in the future.

Cheers,

Tom P

--
Thomas B. Passin
Explorer's Guide to the Semantic Web (Manning Books)