Re: Upcoming wave of quad/namedgraph implementations ,was: Reification - whats best practice?

On Sep 10, 2004, at 11:14 AM, Chris Bizer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> it really looks like this reification discussion make some people sit
> down
> and work :-)
>
> We will see a wave of quad/namedgraph-based implementations being
> released
> in the next weeks. Up to my knowledge, the following people are
> currently
> working on implementations:
>
> 1. We are working on a NamedGraph API extending Jena
> http://www.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/suhl/bizer/ng4j/
> 2. Andy Seaborne and Rave Reynolds work on a Jena Multimodel
> http://www.swed.org.uk/swed/doc/javadoc/com/hp/hpl/jena/util/
> MultiModel.html
> 3. Andrew Newman said that Kowari 1.0.5 will somehow support
> quads/namedgraphs (??),
> http://kowari.sourceforge.net/
> 4. Phil Dawes implements a store in python which will support
> quads/namedgraphs
> 5. RDF Gateway already supports quads
> http://www.intellidimension.com/default.rsp?topic=/pages/site/
> products/rdfgateway.rsp
>
> Anybody else?

as already reported in other discussion threads, we do quads in
RDFStore to get graph-naming / context / provenance functionality

http://rdfstore.sf.net

http://www.asemantics.com/presos/SWAD-E/SWADe-rdfstore.html (see
context/provenance section and special table)

graph-names are simple RDF resources (URI or bNodes) which can be
further described into RDF itself - the API exposes source/context
specific methods too. And in our RDQL++ implementation we allow
quads-like graph-patterns.

have a try with following query at
http://demo.asemantics.com/rdfstore/rdql/ (or try to download the
package and run the query with rdf.pl)

select ?name ?src
from <http://www.asemantics.com/people/alberto.rdf>
where (?person <foaf:name> ?name ?src)

quads information is exposed in RDF/XML using a simple rdf special
property (which our parser understands) which can scope triples to
different graph-names.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Feb/0209.html

N-Triples inside become Quads though.

we are looking forward to hear from other implementers,  their code and
ideas - and try to get a common consensus and way to implement such
useful feature. Graph naming work already done seems a very good
starting point - as well as other code already written be people here
in the RDFIG.

thanks for pushing this topic further

Yours

Alberto