Re: Fligths and places update

The thing that actually "works" is
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200306/geo/carte_zones_monde_rdf.svg - an
SVG map of the world that does some interactive stuff.

A few comments:

The "clear" button works fine, except that after I pressed it I stopped
getting the RDF displayed when I asked for new data.

It takes a while to load the info. I guess that's unavioidable,  but I wonder
if there is a way to optimise the airports  data it loads initially, and then
let it do some searching live for more info as required. I'll look at the
data it starts with.

There are some odd occasions where it doesn't seem to get the right data -
for instance picks a wierd airport as closest. But I haven't been able to
reproduce this (although zooming seems to cause problems pretty
consistently).

In the RDF that was output I was getting ...airport?null for the value of the
airport.

It would be nice to have a debug mode - load regions or airports one by one,
and show them, so you could do a reality check on whether the thing is really
in the right place.

Nice stuff overall though. I should look at how Jon Chetwynd does the switch
thing so you get the right language - then it would be easier to have
multiple language information and disambiguate it (some stuff is in french,
some in english now. It would be nice to have a full set of both).

There is also a readme that sort of explains what is going on:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200306/geo/readme_carte_zones_monde_rdf.html

Cheers

Chaals

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, florent.mailland@tiscali.fr wrote:

>Chaals has just update the fligths and place application
>
>with the following new functionalities:
>- separate file loading system
>- help
>- determination of the nearest airport from a selected point
>and so on.
>
>see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe/200306/geo/ for more
>information
>
>Florent.

************************ ADSL ILLIMITE TISCALI + TELEPHONE GRATUIT ************************
Surfez 40 fois plus vite pour 30EUR/mois seulement !  Et téléphonez partout en France gratuitement,
vers les postes fixes (hors numéros spéciaux). Tarifs très avantageux vers les mobiles et l'international !
Pour profiter de cette offre exceptionnelle, cliquez ici : http://register.tiscali.fr/adsl  (voir conditions sur le site)