RE: [ANN] Topic Map Explorer Version 1.0

Hi Tom,

Thanks for giving Topic Map Explorer a try. While Topic Map Explorer does
not currently import or export XTM; internally it implements the ISO 13250
Data Model Draft using RDF as the implementation technology. We are looking
towards the new work in ISO on the Reference Model as being the final model
for Topic Maps and until these issues are resolved do not wish to publicly
expose internal workings such as APIs and Data Models.

We are also waiting for the tm remote access protocol, TMQL and TMCL as
these provide well defined and *testable* ways of interacting with a topic
map.

It was our deliberate aim at this stage to create an end user product that
exposes the isness of Topic Maps, (Topics with identity, Associations and
Occurrences) in a user accessible way without getting into all the
technology details. XTM can and will be exposed and when there is some part
of 13250 to conform to then Topic Map Explorer will do so, or state that it
doesn't.

We feel that Topic Map Explorer has a lot to do with ISO 13250 and gaining
wider adoption of the concepts and the standard.

Cheers,

Rick

Topic Map Explorer
http://www.tmexplorer.com