Re: Is promoting RDF+XML a lost cause? (a new primer ?)

Ivan Herman wrote:

> When I make courses on RDF and RDF/XML, I *always* use the graph
> paradigm in the forefront. Ie, if there is a new concept (eg, some OWL
> stuff), I always put up a graph *first* and that is what I use to
> explain. Then, almost casually, I also show an excerpt of RDF/XML
> saying 'if you want to serialize, this is the way it looks'. I have
> received quite a lot of positive feedback from people that pushing the
> graph, and its visual representation, worked well for them. Once
> people grasp it than RDF/XML becomes just a serialization method. Not
> pretty, there might be others coming up in the future, but it is
> nothing else than syntactic sugar. (Well... sugar might not be the
> best word here, maybe 'syntactic salt' is a better term?;-)
>
> Ivan

Given this isnt it a good idea to consider rewriting the RDFprimer to
get completely away of the XML ? implications might be far reaching. The
less people get scared when facing that document the better. (Albeit is
a fairly clear document and a great effort, maybe it could be called
RDF/XML primer)
Giovanni