Re: Multi-purpose documents? (Was: 3023 update (Was: <TAG stuff>))

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 01:32:04PM +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:

> Before long I think we're likely to see an even more rapidly changing
> 'presence' data set ("currently listening to..."), maybe having a main
> delivery protocol other than HTTP (i.e. Jabber).

I'm not sure about alternate delivery protocol, but creating a rapidly
changing presence data set is exactly what myself and others are working
on with the MeNow project: http://crschmidt.net/semweb/menow/ , soon to
move to http://www.menow.org/ .

Combining data from services like AudioScrobbler [1], LiveJournal [2],
and other services that offer a web protocol for their data, we hope to
create a generalized way in RDF to describe all the "I'm currently..."
things that people include in their blogs, from books they are reading
to albums they're currently listening to to where they currently are.

This is a relatively recent development as a concentrated effort - I've
been working towards it in the background for months, but lately I've
even got some working code (check out
http://crschmidt.net/semweb/menow/as.php?user=crschmidt for example)
that uses it.

Myself and others are going to work more on this, and getting tools to
consume and create this data. Stay tuned.

[1] http://www.audioscrobbler.com/
[2] http://www.livejournal.com/

--
Christopher Schmidt