RDF triples context via Oracle tuple IDs

Eric --

One way of storing context info, while keeping triples as the main
representation, is to make use of the tuple IDs assigned by Oracle and most
DBMSs**.

So, the main table would have the magic number 3 columns, but there would
be a hidden ID number for each triple.

An auxiliary table would then store provenance info keyed by tuple ID, or
by range of tuple IDs.

Of course, in DBMSs that don't provide this, one can simply use four
columns for the main table, the first of which is would be tuple ID.

HTH,  -- Adrian

** However, my limited understanding is that DB2 row IDs are unsuitable for
this purpose.

                                         INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC (R)

                                              www.reengineeringllc.com

Dr. Adrian Walker