Re: Placing a comment on a relationship?!

Richard Lennox wrote:
> Yes it would be plausible to set up refinements of dc:relation (I think
> thats what you mean)
> ie. x:isTranslationOf rdfs:subPropertyOf dc:relation
>
> however there are those relations that I will not be able to define (as I
> could never get every concievable relation) so the default would be:
> C1 dc:relationC2
>
> Thus an additional comment on the relation woul be nice to describe it in
> some textual way.  It follows the same problem of
> C1 my:relation C2
> C3 my:relation C4
> my:relation x:comment "blah blah" if rthe comment is only for that
> particular relation.

The idea would be that each statement uses a different instance of the
property.  You might have to simulate that by using unique subproperties -

C1 my:relation_1 C2
C3 my:relation_2 C4

my:relation_1 subPropertyOf dc:relation
my:relation_2 subpropertyOf dc:relation

You don't have to further constrain these properties, so they could all
"mean" the same thing.

Or maybe you could just type them as instances - someone who knows the
semantics better would be able to say more about this - i.e.

my:relation_1 rdfs:type dc:relation
my:relation_2 rdfs:type dc:relation

Either way, you would only use a given one of these predicates once in a
given graph.

Cheers,

Tom P