Re: ANN: D2RQ Jena plug-in released for treating non-RDF databases as virtual RDF graphs]

Chris Bizer wrote:

>Hi Danny,
>

>>forwarded over to foafnet list as there is the general lurking issue of
>>CMSs with existing DBs that are unlikely to get swapped out for
>>triplestores...
>>

>yes, I also have thought about CMS, blog, forum and other standard software.
>It would be nice to have a website, which collets D2RQ mappings for the
>databases of the most commonly used open source systems. Then a
>administrator could just download Joseki and D2RQ together with the mapping
>file for this system and his data would be availible on the Semantic Web
>(even without him knowing in detail what the Semantic Web and RDF is :-)

Neat.

<hint rdf:parseType="Unsubtle">
It would also be nice to have this kind of system available for the
languages usually used by the open source CMSs - I believe there's a
rather good PHP RDF API...
</hint>

Cheers,
Danny.