Re: AW: WG: Cases in the new specification of RDF Schema

On Friday 11 June 2004 11:44, Kianoush Eshaghi wrote:

[Big quote]

> > would like such

> > > And this, but it probably doesnt mean what you think it
> >
> > does. It would
> >
> > > make anything that was in the domain of 'a' a member of #A and #C.
> > >
> > > My RDF Schema should assert that the domain of 'a' must contain only
> > > members of #A and #C, and the range of 'a' must contain
> >
> > only members of
> >
> > > #B and #D.
> >
> > And therefore if you find a triple
> >
> >     froglegs a smokechain
> >
> > you may deduce that froglegs has types A and C and that smokechain has
> > types B and D.
> >
> > Right?
>
> froglegs must have members with types of 'A' OR types of 'C'.
> smokechain must have members with types of 'B' OR types of 'D'.

As far as I understand it, to do that you'll have to make the range of
a be a union of A and C, and the domain be union of B and D.

--
Chris "electric hedgehog" Dollin
C welcome: http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html