RE: XHTML and RDF; thinking about Trix, etc

Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> One way that TriX might replace RDF/XML is, once we have XSLT
> 2.0 and a
> transform from RDF/XML into TriX (all doable), it is trivial
> to migrate an
> RDF/XML document into TriX (a one line change, adding a processing
> instruction).

Hi Jeremy,

How does XSLT 2.0 help the RDF/XML to TriX transform. What advantage
does it have over XSLT 1.0 to perform this task? And shouldn't we be
using a parser rather than an XML technology to process raw RDF/XML? My
practical experience is that XSLT cannot reliably read triples. We might
get close but the XSLT gets so horrendously complicated and
unmaintainable that it not worth using.

Show me a stylesheet that purports to extract triples with 100%
reliability and an example RDF/XML instance and I am sure that even I
with a limited knowledge of the RDF Syntax spec could produce an
identical instance (same triples) that would break it.