RE: Human Friendly Trix

Hi Danny,

Danny Ayers writes:

 > > http://www.phildawes.net/2004/01/trix
 >
 > ..forgive me for being blunt, but the human-friendly TriX document looks
 > remarkably like striped RDF/XML. That is with the exception of qnames in
 > attributes, syntax which tends to make the xml-dev folks become blessed with
 > kittens and the good gentlemen of TAG remember they had dinner appointments.

In my defense I ought to point out that I wasn't trying to design the
perfect RDF/XML syntax - really I was just experimenting with how easy
it would be to map an rdf/xml-like syntax into trix using xslt.

I don't think it's possible to come up with one RDF/XML syntax that
will please both XML people and RDF people (see RSS!). That's why I
think trix's xsl extension mechanism is so important - lots of XML
syntaxes can exist without harming interoperability between SW agents.

Having thought about it, one downside to using the xml-stylesheet tag
to identify the to-trix stylesheet is that it doesn't (AFAICS) let the
client know that the stylesheet will output trix. This means that the
XML file must be targetted specifically at being read by a TriX
parser, since any other agent applying the stylesheet automatically
(e.g. a web browser) won't understand the trix output.

It would be nice to be able to have multiple XSLT stylesheet
references, allowing the agent to choose which stylesheet to apply
depending on the output mimetype it wants. Is this possible with the
current set of XML standards?

Cheers,

Phil