RE: pound sign vs. slash as final URI delimiter

Hi Ron:

I do have to query this statement

> 1) Fragment IDs imply downloading the source document, then

Note that in the INFO URI scheme that has been proposed for identifying
information assets in public namesspaces we define a fragment component as a
regular part of the syntax,

	info-URI = info-scheme ":" info-identifier [ "#" fragment ]

while at the same time asserting that INFO URIs are non-dereferenceable (and
hence there are no source documents to download). In discussing the use of
fragment components we use language which is closely aligned with RFC
2396bis to assert that:

	The (unescaped) values for the "fragment" component identify
secondary
      information assets with respect to the primary information asset
      which is referenced by the "info-identifier".

Tony

ps/
I can hear Patrick groaning in the background but it's anyway at least an
interesting architectural point (the use of fragment identifiers) worthy of
some discussion. ;)