Re: Joseki as a Web Service?

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 01:42:44PM -0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> The SPARQL protocol should have concrete bindings for both HTTP GET and
> SOAP but my guess is that the HTTP GET one will be first.

FWIW, SOAP and HTTP GET are not mutually exclusive, as SOAP 1.2 supports
the "Web Method feature"[1] which permits SOAP envelopes to be returned
via HTTP GET.  I would hope that SPARQL and Joseki would opt for this
approach, but failing that (or in addition to), I'd suggest the
"document oriented" style of service where it's just query-document-in,
query-result-out via SOAP & HTTP POST.  This is in contrast to the
Google API style RPC based interface which is still commonly associated
with Web services.

 [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#WebMethodFeature

Mark.