Re: Reification - whats best practice?

Bob MacGregor wrote:
> It's rare that one statement captures what
> you want to say, whether its a time-dependent statement or a
> probabillistic one, or whatever.

I believe single statement reification is quite appropriate for
indicating why two resources are related.

Example:

   uniprot:P12345 rdf:type :Protein
   uniprot:P12345 :organism taxonomy:9606
   taxonomy:9606 :scientificName 'Homo sapiens'

Now I want to indicate what the evidence is that the protein occurs in
the specified organism. How many statements does this affect? Exactly 1.

> there were no "use cases"

We have a lot of data that is backed by several sources.

Consider the following example:

   s1 p1 o1 : backed by a1 and a2
   s1 p2 o2 : backed by a1 and a3

If we were to use contexts for expressing this, there would have to be
three different contexts (for statements backed a1, a2 and a3), and both
statements would have to be duplicated into two different contexts.
Correct? I imagine this approach would bloat the data far more than
normal reification would...

(If you still have doubts, consider this: My spell checker suggested
replacing 'reification' with 'deification' :-)