Re: Concept Map VS Topic Map.

fyi, one of the leading tools for brainstorming-style concept mapping,
CmapTools, can be found at [1]. Some other related software are amongst
the links at [2].

What also may be of interest in the KM space are Conceptual Graphs (CGs)
[3] that are an approach to expressing logical statements in a node &
arc form. Some work has been done on mapping these to Topic Maps [4]
(sorry, best I could Google - any more, Lars?) and RDF [5].

[1] http://cmap.ihmc.us/
[2] http://dannyayers.com/ideagraph-blog/archives/cat_related_software.html
[3] http://www.jfsowa.com/cg/index.htm
[4] http://www.techquila.com/cgi-bin/mt-comments.cgi?entry_id=41