Re: Distributed querying on the semantic web

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Stickler writes:

 > On Apr 19, 2004, at 14:48, ext Phil Dawes wrote:
 >
 > > The main problem with Patrick's concise-bounded-description idea from
 > > this respect is how to find references to a term.

Snip  [...]

 > This has nothing to do with the definition of concise bounded
 > descriptions
 > (which simply define a particular kind of RDF sub-graph focused on a
 > particular resource).
 >
 > URIQA does not attempt to provide a general query language/solution, but
 > is expected to work in harmony with any number of general query
 > solutions
 > (such as is the focus of the RDF Data Access Working Group).
 >
 > Thus, there is no "problem" with not providing functionality that was
 > never intended to be provided.

Apologies if this wasn't clear, but my mail was intended to mean 'the
problem with using URIQA from the perspective of using it for
open-ended queries'. (hence the 'from this respect' bit)

I didn't mean to imply that there was a problem with URIQA from the
perspective of its intended goals - sorry for that.

Cheers,

Phil