From: www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Denise Bruno
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 2:07 PM
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Subject: Does DC have to reference RDF

I am new to the listserv and realize the following questions may have
already been asked previously.  My apologies if they have.  I searched
the Archive for the listserv and found related questions but I am still
puzzled.

Since Dublin Core is a metadata standard that promotes a clear
description of a resource, can it not stand alone?  If someone were
writing an XML application that used DC as the metadata scheme could
they not just reference the DC namespace alone?  When would you want to
reference the RDF namespace?  I understand that RDF promotes
interoperability but doesn't DC do that inherently on its own?  The DC
website explains exactly what is meant by 'title' or 'creator' or
'subject' etc.  What is the added value of referencing RDF or writing
RDF XML?

Regards,

Denise

____